For those who are thinking about how to recycle paper at home, we would like to tell you guys that it is easy-to-do. There are lots of recycling centers that collect recycle waste in the country where you live. These recyclers transport waste paper to the recycling centers that turn waste paper into new products. The procedure is to process all the waste paper by mixing it with water dissolving it into a pulpy mixture to form new sheets of paper. In most cases, any type of paper is eligible for this paper making process except for the following.
- Used paper towels
- Paper that is stained with food dirt or paint
- Greaseproof or baking paper
- Paper with gum on it like stickers etc.
Paper is a good method and resource for recycling material but remember it has to be cleaned and not be like the above.
How to Recycle paper at home? – Do not forget to remove any plastics or stickers!
These items are possible to recycle on a larger scale at supermarkets and or elsewhere that may be undertaken. Hence avoid putting these things into the recycling bin and remember to have them removed.
If you happen to scrunch the paper into a ball and if it does not spring open back then this can be recycled. So if you need to recycle paper at home lets go take a look at the stuff you have at home that can be made use off and recycled. Crating things out of waste paper is good for the environment, saves money and time and can be a source of the most enjoyable hobby.
Lots of people are taking into recycling and turning their recycling ideas into money-making projects. You can even make it a lucrative business if you do it well and sell your products.
Have you recently taken a look at your home?-How to Recycle paper at home?
Your living and kids play area. Our homes are full of paper. Paper is everywhere, old newspapers, new ones, grocery paper bags, marketing paper bags, computer printouts, bills, paper, grocery lists, card paper writing paper, half-used exercise books, wrapping paper post-it notes, paper, paper all the way, and yes that old pile of newspapers in the attic and every blessed kind of paper is found in our homes. Any wonder then, your house is all cluttered up everywhere with magazine folders and files.
Of course, once a week one of the recycling crew from the local council does put in an appearance and thankfully carts away some of the newspapers for recycling for which you are eternally grateful, as you have regained some space now in the garage to park your vehicle right? The poor vehicle was parked outside to all sorts of windy elements! And yet there still seems to be an accumulation of more paper!
Have you ever thought of recycling some waste paper yourself?
Here is what you should do; it will really help you to buy fewer amounts of paper and save some money spending on high-quality paper. So why don’t you gather the kids on a weekend and make it a fun project as well for them?
You can get the kids to recycle some paper and maybe perhaps you can turn them into stunning greeting cards for the end of the year Christmas event. You can even make and sell them. Many people will love buying them at the church fete/fair this way you can earn some money. And who knows, you may be able to take that much-needed vacation with the kids with that money by the end of the year, right? So start recycling and start making those gorgeous cards now.
Now, first things first!
You must first get to know ‘what is recycled paper?’
Briefly, it means that you take a waste paper that is no longer needed – paper that has been used for just a bit, this is recycled by mixing wood pulp. Almost all types of paper are possible to use and recycle, excluding the following.
Of course, paper-like shiny glazed waxed paper, rubber, plastic, and aluminum foil are impossible to utilize by recycling. And remember stuff like cardboard boxes and paper are impossible to recycle together.
They have to be done separately because the papers or the cardboard box which are a long drawn process is best done by a Recycling Center. So, just try doing small things like recycling of all those unwanted papers at home. When recycling newspapers they can be recycled once again as new newspapers.
While the good quality office paper can be recycled and used as office papers again and vice versa, we mean new recycled office paper or office supplies, other things are books and magazines.
Have you ever gone to a paper mill and watched how paper is made of recycled?
You always feel fascinated when watching the process being done, and always wanted to experiment on your own. So why not? Get started, try out some paper making, or recycling. Take all those papers and make them into something new, and something that you will be proud of, not only will it be fun but will make an everlasting impression on your first green print.
Get your family and friends to join with you, you can show off some of your paper handiwork to them which will encourage them to start recycling their own paper too at home. Use any type of paper that can be recycled, no matter whether it is computer paper; grocery paper bags anything as long as it is PAPER!
By the way, if you have any paper rolls at home we are sure that you can make miracles happen as you can do lots of things with paper rolls and toilet paper rolls. You can get super creative and turn it into something really creative. If you go through Pinterest there are a million and one things to create out of toilet paper rolls and kitchen paper towel rolls.
Even if you are not a creative-minded person, do not worry, as there will be something else to do with them.
You could start off by making a parking lot with those toilet paper rolls for your 7-year-old right? You know how it gets very untidy in the playroom when kids pull out all their toys and the toy cars are all over the place for you to trip over them.
All you need to do is take an old shoebox or even a larger box and just fix in the toilet paper rolls or the paper towel rolls into the cardboard box in rows. Just stand the box upright and glue the paper towel rolls in a neat row one on top of the other. You can now place all those tiny little cars that you keep tripping on into each paper roll slot. A super neat and tidy idea isn’t it? This can also teach your kid to be tidy and letting him know that after a play he must put them back in the toy slot garage.
Need more ideas about using paper rolls?
- Paint and decorate paper rolls for the festival season
- Little gifts for toys and trinkets
- Marbles for kids
- Organizing your pens and pencils and or makeup items
- Use for seedlings in pots
- Napkin rings
- Various ornaments for the Christmas tree
Recycling old paper for table decorations
All those old newspapers are possible to recycle into a new creative way to decorate your dining room, gift decorations, bedroom, home accents, and centerpieces. This is an amazing way to save money and help protect the environment at the same time that you will enjoy making these things with paper. It will also help make kids learn and understand the importance of making and recycling things to help make a cleaner planet.
Old newspapers are a super cool recreational activity for both adults and kids to get them immersed in. This allows them to be creative and make home decorating and creating beautiful gifts of their own. Be creative and make some decorations for your Christmas tree, or classroom or your own bedroom. Make some handmade paper lanterns and add to it a black and white design or picture cut from an old newspaper. When it is lit at night it will create pretty shadows on the wall.
Do you know that paper, however, cannot be recycled all the time?
There is a limit to it, and you can just recycle only about 7 times, as continuous recycling weakens the fibers in the paper and it becomes weak and can no longer be recycled. Cardboard boxes that are recycled are normally half a mix of new and old recycled fibers. So, if by using up all the waste paper at home is to be recycled by you, and then you can, in fact, do your part to the environment by recycling all those unwanted papers on your home office desk. There now, you know a little bit about recycling.
Now let us get down to brass tacks!
One more thing to remember before you embark on your new venture of paper recycling. See that you have a good large and airy place with lots of towels at your hands. Things are going to get very messy here!
Here is a small do-it-yourself at home Recycle paper ideas!
- You can roll up newspapers and fit it underneath the door to block out draughts during cold days; it is also useful to keep away small insects from creeping in.
- Crumple up papers and stuff them into your shoes so that it will keep its shape. Use it to stuff them up in your tennis shoes and get the bad smell off. Chuck some in your gym bag as well.
- Make use of newspapers, magazine pages for gift wrapping, a plain white paper can also be colored and used to wrap gifts. Think of how much you can save on wrapping paper. And a handmade gift will be appreciated more if you make them yourself. Smaller gifts can be wrapped with magazine paper. Tie it up with string
- Use newspapers to clean windows and windowpanes and glass. A newspaper with window cleaning liquid is very effective in cleaning musty glass. It will leave your glass shining and sparkling. Unlike using paper towels and cloth you won’t get any lint on the window pane. Crumpled up newspapers just work fine.
- Clean your silver and dinnerware with newspapers. Very good for brassware as well.
- Make nice cozy newspaper bedding for your pet. Using newspapers will keep your pet nice and warm
More DIY at home recycle paper ideas…
- If you want your fruits and bananas to ripen super quick just wrap them in a newspaper. This will always speed up the ripening process of the fruits super fast because the newspaper will trap in the natural gas released by the fruit, this will enable the fruit to ripen.
- If you have leftover blank papers on one side and written on the other side just cut them to size and make a notebook to write down notes, or messages, you can also give the kids some paper for their doodle and drawing work. Use a grocery list paper, or else you can make some paper Mache and or artwork/products and handicrafts.
You can use a wastepaper for making compost in your garden.
It is very simple really, all you have to do is tear up the waste paper into small pieces and spread it on to your garden beds. In this way, it will keep the soil in your garden cool and moist and give it the added nutrients to it.
We bet you did not know about this right?
- You can also use it as a packaging material when shifting house or if you need to pack away some things for storage. Use paper and newspapers to stuff into packaging boxes. This will help whatever you are packing to be kept tightly in place. It is super easy and good for when packing delicate and fragile items to be transported
An overview of the above DIY tips
- Last but not least we all know we can do some recycling at home as we keep saying all over these articles, this might sound a daunting task to you when it is much easier to dump it in to a recycling center than making fresh paper at home, but think how much you can save on buying papers and not to mention how much of creative ways you can turn them into, and it is so much fun too, when you gather the kids or your friends and do it with them. You will feel so great and on top when you first recycle your first bit of paper.
Let us begin work!
And now let us recycle some paper into new paper!-How to Recycle paper at home?
What you will need for your first sheet of paper;
- Old papers (shredded)
- Blender, Coat hanger
- Thin stocking material or net
- Large sink, or tub with 4” of water in it
- Food coloring,
- Flower petals, onion skin, tissue paper
Preparing your Frame
Take the coat hanger, and bend it into a rectangular shape, then take the netting and stretch it tightly over the frame you just made. See that the frame is made even and flat. If you are unable to make a frame, you can always buy a picture frame from the store or shop.
Now take the blender and put it in the shredded paper. You have to shred the paper very finely. Then it is necessary to add a little water. On the blender put the switch to high and blend until it becomes a smooth pulpy mixture. Now it will look just like your morning smoothie!
Don’t drink it, please.
Keep adding water to it little by little and paper scraps until the paper is all properly blended. You have to do this for one to two minutes.
Now place the frame in the tub or sink and pour the smoothie, I mean the paper pulp onto the frame. You can add some coloring, onion skin, flower petals, tissue or whatever else you have into the pulp before you blend it with your hands even it to every nook and corner of the frame until every blessed corner and surface of the frame is covered with the paper pulp. Now very very carefully lift up the frame from the submerged water in the tub or sink. Make sure that all the water is drained out properly later. Leave out in the sun to dry completely. After it is completely dried carefully peel off the paper from the frame.
The final step!
Later you can put the iron on ‘Hot’ and steam the paper as it lies flat on the table. You are now ready to show off your newly recycled paper to everyone sundry!
And make everyone go green with envy!! At your precious piece of paper. Now go and make several more sheets of paper and make your first journal. Yes, you can jot done your first achievement of recycling waste paper.
Finally; we firmly believe that you guys now have a great idea about how to recycle paper at home. If you guys get any kind of questions regarding this post, make sure to mention them in the following comment area.